Friday, March 28, 2008
Spring is here and it is the perfect time to renew your home and garden with eco-friendly practices.
1. Buy a compost bin and begin to recycle household and garden waste for extra rich soil in your garden. Compost adds vital nutrients and microorganisms to the soil.
2. Use several inches of mulch on your garden instead of resorting to weed killers.
3. Buy organic seeds from Seeds of Change or other venues.
4. Spring Cleaning: unclutter your house to create a healthier indoor environment---minimizes dust and other allergens that collect on items and promotes easier cleaning.
5. Spring Cleaning: select natural and biodegradable cleaning products for your home. These are now readily available in health food stores, some grocery chains, and online stores.
6. Add solar lighting to your yard to save energy and provide an attractive addition to your organic yard.
7. Add recycling to your daily routine. Earth911 has a website that enables you to find a local recycling or reuse locations.
Eco-Living at Gaiam